As a part of Baltimore City Public Schools, we follow the admission and registration process set through the city.
We are currently enrolling for the the 2019-2020 school year.
LET'S GROW HALF-DAY (2.5 hours, 5 days a week)
At Lakewood we have limited spaces in our Let's Grow Half-Day program. This program is designed for 3-and 4-year olds who are too young to attend pre-kindergarten. Spaces will fill on a first come, first fully registered basis.
PRE-KINDERGARTEN (full day, 5 days a week)
Students who turn 4 by September 1.
We follow the Baltimore City Public School's priority system
- Are four years old by September 1 and
- Are considered low income or are homeless or receive special education services
- Are four years old by September 1 but
- Are not considered low income, are not homeless, or do not receive special education services
DOCUMENTS TO BRING IN ORDER TO ENROLL:
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE showing your child’s birth date or other government-issued photo ID of the parent/guardian (i.e., U.S. passport, state driver’s license)
- TWO proofs of primary residence dated within 30 days (water, gas/electric or telephone bill; verifiable lease agreement, rent receipt (rent receipts should have the management letterhead at the top of the receipt – no handwritten rent receipts), or mortgage statement; bank statement; letters from Social Security and Social Services)
- Your child’s up-to-date IMMUNIZATION RECORD
- MARYLAND STATE HEALTH INVENTORY, including LEAD TESTING CERTIFICATE
- proof of guardianship, if applicable
IF YOUR CHILD WAS PLACED HERE, PLEASE BRING:
- Placement Letter issued from Baltimore City Public Schools
- a copy of your child's most recent INDIVIDUALIZED EDUCATION PROGRAM (IEP)
After your child is completely registered at our school, a home visit will be conducted to welcome you to our community.
For further information on what is needed, please visit: https://www.baltimorecityschools.org/pre-k-and-k